Junior Wordpress Developer
We are looking for a passionate junior-level Web Developer to join our award winning agile development team, currently comprising of six developers. Reporting to the CTO, you will work on a variety of exciting projects for well-known hospitality brands including Jamie Oliver, Bella Italia, Cafe Rouge, Pho, Franco Manca, D&D London, Marriott and Park Plaza Hotels to name but a few of our growing client list. The role will include developing new websites and campaign pages along with general maintenance of existing client websites.
You will work closely across all departments within the company including collaborating with strategists, marketers and designers to complete projects to the highest standard.
- Good understanding of PHP.
- Minimum of 2 years working with WordPress.
- Proven aptitude for front-end development (HTML5, CSS3), building responsive and cross-browser websites that load fast.
- Proven knowledge of using jQuery and Bootstrap.
- Working understanding of CSS preprocessors (eg. SASS), package managers (eg. Grunt / Gulp) and version control (eg. Git).
- Good understanding of web accessibility
- Exemplary communication skills with an excellent standard of spoken and written English
- Positive, ‘can do’ attitude.
- Work independently, or as part of an interdisciplinary team.
- Ability to think through and solve problems.
- Be able to work to deadlines
- Organised and proactive
- Keen eye for detail
- Previous experience working in a fast-paced agile agency environment
- Familiarity with Advanced Custom Fields
- Working knowledge of WordPress based ecommerce (eg. WooCommerce)
- RESTful API development and consumption - JSON/XML/SOAP
- Competitive salary
- Annual bonuses
- Starting holiday allowance of 22 days + bank holidays
- Lots of opportunity for advancement
- Make your mark as part of this successful and agile agency
- Very friendly, sociable team
- Friday drinks & fun social events
- Pension scheme
- Health benefits